IIS 8.0 Detailed Error - 405.0 Method Not Allowed

mhamilton

11 Jun, 2014 11:16 AM

We put up the simple uploader Getting Started page to test it out and we are receiving this error. I attached a screen shot of the error page for more details. Transloadit still processes everything correctly and puts the uploaded file in our RackSpace account. Any suggestions on getting this to work?

I also attached the html file we are using. Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you,
Mark

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kevin van Zonne... on 11 Jun, 2014 11:22 AM

Hi Mark,

We haven't seen this before. But it looks like the error is thrown by a component other than Transloadit's. Can you open a debugger to see exactly which request is tried against which server?

Best,
    Kevin

2. 2 Posted by mhamilton on 11 Jun, 2014 11:32 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Kevin!

I attached a new screen shot with the console open. After reading some more it looks like I missed creating the php script to process the returned JSON file maybe??? We've pulled two all nighters in a row to get this web app out so I'm sure Im not thinking clearly!!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Kevin van Zonne... on 11 Jun, 2014 11:38 AM

Hi Mark,

When Transloadit is done processing the files, we give the control back to the browser, we attach a transloadit fieldname to the form, and then the browser posts the whole think to your <form action="?">. It looks now action is configured as upload.html.

But html files cannot handle the post. You are indeed supposed to have some kind of servers side scripting tool listening there so you can save the results in your database and display. Does that make sense?

Best,
    Kevin

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Kevin van Zonne... on 23 Jun, 2014 02:06 PM

Hi Mark,

Not sure what went wrong. But in my email I found this reply

How do we prevent reloads with a single page application using Transloadit?

That somehow did not get added to this support page. That's why when I was on vacation last week, my coworkers didn't notice it.

Sorry about that.

To answer you question, I best point you to an example with actual implementation code. There also is a live demo to see if that's indeed what you mean https://github.com/pamelafox/bootstrap-transloadit-plugin

Best,
    Kevin

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim Koschützki on 28 Apr, 2015 01:20 PM

This discussion has been inactive for 30 days and has been marked as resolved automatically.
    Feel free to reply to this ticket to re-open it and we will continue the investigation.

Kind regards,
    Tim

Co-Founder Transloadit

6. Tim Koschützki closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2015 01:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Nov, 2016 02:52 AM
29 Oct, 2015 05:01 AM
27 Oct, 2015 05:01 AM